Monday, September 17, 2007

Mathematica!

So today, I finally got my old Mathematica license transfered. Back in 2005, when I used an iMac G3/600Mhz with 10.2.8 as my main computer, and surfed the interwebs with dialup (3 months later we got highspeeds). I got a copy of Mathematica 5.2 Student, 32bit. 5 months later, I got an iMac G5/1.9GHz, and decided to switch to a copy of mathematica 5.2 64bit, for more powah or whatever. About 2 months after THAT, I had to wipe the G5's system, as it was acting up, and reinstall. Due to the way wolfram (the people that make mathematica) does licensing, I couldn't just reinstall and use the old numbers, I had to do a whole big thing of getting a new license number and password and whatnot. free, but time consuming.

on comes 2007, and I've got my fancy 'new' thinkpad.  I decided after a while, I'd like to have mathematica again, so I did another license transfer (this time only taking a few hours) and I now have mathematica 5.2 32bit on my thinkpad, woot.

I also have mathematica 2 (?) on my 25Mhz Macintosh Quadra 700. I've been trying some 3D graphing on it, but it doesn't go over well. Here's one that took about 10 minutes on the quadra, then crashed halfway through drawing, due to a lack of RAM. (hey, 4MB is tight). It took under a second on my 1,700,000,000Hz thinkpad.


Click the pretty picture for an even BIGGER version of the same thing!

No comments: